Let's Bounce back together!
Getting Vaccinated?? Here’s new guidance from the CDC regarding quarantines after exposure CLICK HERE
Travel quarantines will no longer be required if parents/staff are fully vaccinated (i.e., ≥2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine). However, children must be 100% symptom-free in order to return to the center. Failure to follow our COVID guidelines will result in immediate dismissal from Grandma’s House.
Serving our communities has always been of utmost importance to us. Therefore, we are committed to staying open during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective Monday, 8/9/21 – Face Coverings are required for ALL adults indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
Individuals and children should NOT come to Grandma’s House if they:
- • Have a pending COVID-19 test or a household member with a pending COVID-19 test.
- • Are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or have a household member showing symptoms of COVID 19.
- • Have been in contact with someone confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
Travel increases your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
You can get COVID-19 during your travels. You may feel well and not have any symptoms, but you can still spread COVID-19 to others. You and your travel companions (including children) may spread COVID-19 to other people including your family, friends, and community.
- • Grandma’s House strives to remain open for over 100 families and 30 staff at each location. If your family is going to be traveling, we may impose a 7-day quarantine following your vacation. You will receive tuition credit for days that you are quarantined. If your child is under 2 years, quarantine days will not count towards your two-weeks of vacation per year. Please contact your Director for additional guidance.
- • Grandma’s House Staff who travel and/or attend large social gatherings are quarantined for 7 days before returning to work.
Grandma’s House procedures:
- • Effective Monday, August 9, 2021, face coverings are required for ALL adults indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- • All parents and teachers follow social distancing procedures.
- • We will attempt to limit group sizes and/or maintain single teacher classrooms where possible for as long as possible.
- • Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces like doorknobs, tables, countertops, and handrails. Teachers do this every day during nap time. Extra staff clean and disinfect throughout the day. We also have additional cleaning personnel who clean after hours.
- • Each time they clock in, Staff take their temperature and respond to a questionnaire to make sure it is safe for them to stay at the center.
- • Cooks will continue to wear gloves when preparing food.
- • Family-style food serving has been discontinued. Teachers prepare each child’s plate using gloves so there is no sharing of serving utensils.
- • Where napping mats/cots are used, children will be arranged head to toe and kept 6 feet apart if possible. Mats and cots are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- • We are limiting visitors and vendors to our program. In-person and Virtual tours are available. For more details, contact the Center Director.
- • All field trips will be outdoors only to local parks and wading/swimming pools. For more information on swimming pools and COVID-19, go to: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/parks-rec/aquatic-venues.html
- • Teachers will bring playground bags and other age-appropriate activities to area parks. This helps avoid over-crowding on play structures and offers more choices for children to play while enjoying the great outdoors.
- • Neither adults nor children will eat or drink on the bus.
- • Buses will be cleaned and disinfected after each field trip.
- • Windows on the bus will remain open to increase ventilation.
- • The recirculated air option on the bus will not be used.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our current protocol and guidelines, please feel free to contact us.